Saturday, July 17, 2010

American Football - American Football




I didn't discover 90's Emo or Math Rock until a couple years ago, and I was never really into those genres until my friend Shane geeked out over a Cap'n Jazz reunion show. Under the influence of Shane, I acquired Analphabetapolothology, a massive Cap'n Jazz compilation. I was extremely impressed, mostly due to singer and guitarist Mike Kinsella, who I later found out was part of a ton of other bands... including American Football. So, I downloaded American Football's self-titled album and I was instantly obsessed with it. It was on repeat for weeks and it got me through some really lonely times. Any time I'm lost in my thoughts, I put this on and just think. Kinsella has made perfect music for all us introverts out there. I really love all of Kinsella's other projects, too, but American Football is killer. Recommended for anyone who's been let down, in one way or another.

Try It
Buy It

No comments:

Post a Comment