Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Protomen




After first listening to these two albums, I didn’t really know what to think. I initially thought that it was obviously mocking both the huge, overdramatic Rock Operas of the 70s and 80s and the fanaticism that some people have for retro gaming. But after the next few listens, I started to understand that this wasn’t some tongue-in-cheek mockery of either of those things, but rather, an epic retelling of the Mega Man saga, that has better story telling than ninety percent of any other media. Each album is a new act in the adventure, the first being about Mega Man’s first fight against Dr. Willy, while the second record is the larger prequel to the first. And, if you’re like me, you might end up truly caring for a few of the characters.

Act I:
Try it
Buy it

Act II:
Try it
Buy it


Website

No comments:

Post a Comment